Strengths and Weaknesses

    My strengths are open-mindedness, hard-working, independence/self-motivation, energetic, personal wellness/athletics, abstract thinking, imaginative, learning, comprehension, curiosity, problem-solving, improvisation, academia, compassion, forgiveness, mediation, and networking. The source of a lot of my weaknesses is my ADHD. My weaknesses are being slow to complete tasks, indecision, "too many pots boiling", high expectations of self leading to disappointment in self, tendency towards tardiness, time blindness, procrastination, social-anxiety/awkwardness, dealing with triviality/minutia, scatter-brained/airheaded/absent-minded tendencies, fear of commitment, poor attention-span, staring off into space, lack of situational awareness, lack of confidence, social loafing when working in teams and overthinking when following steps/protocols. I have vast knowledge and experience in medicine due my degree in Biomedical Sciences, my experience as a combat medic in the Army National Guard, my job as a medical assistant at Fred Hutch Cancer Center, my volunteer positions at Marbridge Children's Hospital and my previous career path as a pre-med student. These experiences give me proficiency in reading complex research articles, learning complex new topics, being quick and flexible as well as medical knowledge. I am also proficient in conceptualizing, learning and applying completely foreign subjects to me. I speak Spanish conversationally, am good with kids, play the ukulele and guitar, sing. I have experience as a professional inline speed skating, a professional outrigger canoer, a half-marathon runner and health/wellness coach. I also have experience in eco-engineering which provides skills in research article writing and production, learning a vast amount of new information quickly, applied chemical engineering, and mentoring to new student-researchers. I also have 3 years of product-development experience which comes with obtaining a provisional patent when I was in high school providing experience in Photoshop, AutoCAD, design and prototyping. However, it has been about 7 years since this experience and I have not fully retained the skills learned. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Business Ideas

What I want out of T INST 475 class